Update suggestions

" A19N15Part " - I really like that NightShift. Maybe better this way round though: "3DBenchy.A19N15.zcode"  

Also could save some characters by removing ".zcode". We know the printer can only use this file format so i see no reason as to why not to remove it from the menu. So file name would then look like "3DBenchy.A19N15"

Another M200 suggestion 

Could you have the option to bleep when the extruder has started to "mechanically" unload the filament. As it does take time to heat up the extruder and in that time i go to sit in another room. Would be nice to be promoted with an audible bleep.  

As I stated earlier......please add "Print Again" to the final menu (displayed at the completion of a print.) So a user doesn't have to scroll....... and scroll......... and scroll to print the same model multiple times. As painfully demonstrated here.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIbQzT8omcU&feature=youtu.be

"Print again" is a good one, gets my vote. also very nice shop you got there. would love to see more vids of that place

Me too for “print again”

Hi, would like to mention the latest updates have been great!

Some future suggestions  -

• I know this has been mentioned before, but a True “Full” infill would be a huge hit!

-A more conservative standby mode- no lights, or fan if possible.

-Not sure if this is already implemented cause i usually walk away from my machine after starting the print,

But if the Bed, and the Extruder could both heat simultaneously.

-The addition of the hours of operation meter is great, perhaps integrate reminders on the screen at certain hour intervals (i.e. 25, 50, 75, and 100) for lubrication, nozzle cleaning, and other recommended services incase its overlooked, extending the durability and reliability of the printer.

• Control where the seam will be on the part / parts.

Question for the engineers would be, does the Zortrax M200 have any safety measures built in? Such as thermocouples that detect and turn off the printer in the event of some sort of thermal runaway, or possible hazardous situation? 

In addition to that question, is the logic board able to detect if the stepper motors are pulling more amps then usual? If it could, this would be a great way to detect possible filament entanglements (common with spools currently),  so when the tangled filament occurs the extruder motor would see increased resistance due to the filament not feeding, the increased draw of current to the motor could be then interpreted as a impending failure. This could then result in the printer automatically pausing, and beep / with flashing light, and/or abort the print in the event of the operator not being present after a prolong period of time, saving material and improving reliability, and safety.

Thanks!

I have a suggestion! Hope it hasn't been said before.

I would love Z-suite to highlight the contour of the base of an object, or what is the same, the plane touching the ground, the raft. It would be useful for me because I work in Zbrush and I am still messy with the tools and every time I print I am hoping my base is not deformed and I have to look really close in Z-suite. It would be awesome to have this feature. Also, a tool to determine the centre of gravity of the piece would be just amazing, I have to go to Meshmixer to check when I am not sure my model stands upright on its own.

I didn't read all 7 pages but my suggestion that's been a huge problem for me lately:

Allow us to modify support material after its created. Sometimes I want to do a large amount of support but when I do that it adds support to parts that I do not want it in other locations. Let me edit that!

I have a suggestion! Hope it hasn't been said before.

I would love Z-suite to highlight the contour of the base of an object, or what is the same, the plane touching the ground, the raft. It would be useful for me because I work in Zbrush and I am still messy with the tools and every time I print I am hoping my base is not deformed and I have to look really close in Z-suite. It would be awesome to have this feature. Also, a tool to determine the centre of gravity of the piece would be just amazing, I have to go to Meshmixer to check when I am not sure my model stands upright on its own.

Yes so a simple button that would ground the item would be nice. In Simplify3D you can just click the button and it will make the object even with the plate.

Please sound a beep when printer is up to temperature and ready to do a calibration.

Please sound a beep when printer is up to temperature and ready to do a calibration.

+1, also when heated for load/unloaded.

+1, also when heated for load/unloaded.

I almost added that one, but couldn't remember if they had already implemented it.

Have I mentioned the "Print Again" menu option after a print finishes? I'm simply wearing out the scroll wheels on my m200's to print the same piece multiple times. (My attempt at being the squeaky wheel..... sorry friends. ;-)  )

Modify, Manually Add and Remove supports tool in Z Suite it would be a great function..it's in most building softwares since year 0...

My update suggestion:

1. Turn on/off the light while the printer is running

2. A Print option to print several parts but not parallel but one after another

My update suggestion:

1. Turn on/off the light while the printer is running

2. A Print option to print several parts but not parallel but one after another

I whole-heartedly agree with #2 (or at least a "Print Again" option on the Finished Print menu.)

-David

I don’t if mean the same?

The idea is to print several parts with only one print job. But instead of print all parts at the same time, the print will finish at first Part A and than move to Part B and so on. The advantage will be a shorter print time and you can check the finished part while the second is already printing.

I don't if mean the same?

The idea is to print several parts with only one print job. But instead of print all parts at the same time, the print will finish at first Part A and than move to Part B and so on. The advantage will be a shorter print time and you can check the finished part while the second is already printing.

There is a lot of limiting factors that goes into this idea. Quite honestly I would prefer to not have this because it would take too long to implement and chances are there is going to be some critical failures in the parts that can damage the gantry in they come in contact while operating. 

While I do normally agree with every update suggestion this one I cannot agree with at all. I can just envision all the tech support that comes with this update now!

-NS

While I do normally agree with every update suggestion this one I cannot agree with at all. I can just envision all the tech support that comes with this update now!

And that all for what? Where should there be a time saver for building toolpaths around other objects if possible at all?

I've gathered most of the suggestions and passed it to Software Department. Most of it could be implemented (especially Print Again) and should be available in upcoming updates.