Update suggestions

Hey, I would also like an option to reduce and/or delete the raft. I have often smaller parts with no need of a nice bottom finish and the raft costs time and lot of material waste.

Hey, I would also like an option to reduce and/or delete the raft. I have often smaller parts with no need of a nice bottom finish and the raft costs time and lot of material waste.

Hi,

I do agree, a no raft setting would be great, but only if Zortrax could provide an alternative beb plate, without perforations. That way, we could be able to print Z-HIPS or Z-Glass without a raft. I can guarantee I’d buy such an upgrade immediatly if it was available :wink:

Laurent

Hi Marcin,

I'm late to the game but....

1:

Currently (unless I'm missing it) I don't think one can define the wall thickness before the infill mesh starts, except for the top and bottom of the model.

For functional engineering models, the wall thickness parameter is pretty important to have, so that the part can be modified after printing (thread tapping, heavy sanding, mill/turning critical dimensions etc) and for strength/stiffness reasons.

Such a parameter is standard in most other slicers slicers (Slic3r calls it "Perimeters", Cura calls it "Shell thickness", MakerBot calls it something else I can't remember)

2:

+1 the requests for a true 100% solid fill, it should be available for special case parts.

3:

+1 Julias recommendation for transparency of supports 

4:

Cross sectional / slice view.  Most packages have this.

Thanks!

Hi,

I do agree, a no raft setting would be great, but only if Zortrax could provide an alternative beb plate, without perforations. That way, we could be able to print Z-HIPS or Z-Glass without a raft. I can guarantee I’d buy such an upgrade immediatly if it was available :wink:

Laurent

Not to mention that it would help a lot with the flexible Z-Filament Zortrax (probably) has in the works.

could we have the resize feature also with the abiity to edit absolute dimensions?

ps. now the x/y/z % resize works on the original orientation of the model and not on the actual current orientation. this is quite confusing

An option to modify the raster angle of the generated raft as it seems that longer straight lines (case A) are more prone to warp than sorter lines in a bigger angle (case B )

My suggestions here:

When saving a model to the SD Card with write protection enabled, or just any other non-writable location, it would be great to launch an error message. Now it does not throw any error, and when you think it is done, you close Z-Suite, go to the printer... and nothing inside! Then back again to load the model and process the whole piece (that sometimes it is quite consuming). I think this is quite easy to solve...

Another feature I would like to see in the printer is to be able to modify the printing start. Something easy like start the printing just 1 hour later, or 5, like the washing machine... For this part, it would be really helpful to have a full sleep mode with all the lights and fans offs... And just the LCD on with the remaining time... But not sure it is possible.

On the other side... I am really happy with the printer. Almost 100h printing and zero issues at this moment!

A few times now I’ve imported models into Z-Suite which are far too big to print in one go, and after cutting up pieces are still left off the print bed. Would it be possible to create zcode files with parts off the bed not being included, so I can save one half of the print then bring in the pieces I’ve already cut which match exactly and export a second zcode with those? I’m trying to print a model at the moment which has parts which require infill, but if I print all of them with it the print time goes up to 23 hours when only two parts need it. And seeing as I’m cutting the model inside Zsuite I can’t save the cut up parts elsewhere.

Hello,

I've a request for Zortrax, at the beginning, you've promised a linux version Z-Suite...

But there may be a better solution for Zortax, the better for us is a native linux version, who doesn't cost any more, by using Wine and linux Microsoft Dotnet version.

Can you test it, and tell us a recipe ?

Thanks.

Hi Marcin,

I'm late to the game but....

Don't worry, I keep visiting this thread once in a while and I gather ideas. 

I can tell you that 100% infill is being tested as we speak.

Don't worry, I keep visiting this thread once in a while and I gather ideas. 

I can tell you that 100% infill is being tested as we speak.

Awesome!

Looks like the 100% infill did not make it into version 1.5 but hopefully it will be in the next one.

- ability to save custom sub profiles per material, with commonly used settings for our models, would save lots of time

- ability to resize using actual size and not only % (i repeat that because it is important)

I'm pretty sure that this has already been requested, but could Zortrax please change the "Pause" feature so that we can specify the actual height for the pause?  Right now it only allows increments of 1 percent if using the mouse and what looks like Z-layer if using the arrow keys.  The arrow key layer incrementer was a new one to me - was that added in 1.5 or did I just miss it in earlier versions?

Can we have "Tabs" made up where we can load in a new model and slice it while another model is ready? Right now we have to open up multiple windows for Z-Suite to get multiple objects on individual prints. At any point in time I have 5 or 6 windows open on my computer and I would like to just be able to flip through a bunch of tabs rather then take up desktop space.

-NS

" Right now we have to open up multiple windows for Z-Suite to get multiple objects on individual prints. At any point in time I have 5 or 6 windows open on my computer "

Can you show how you do this ? :blink: :ph34r: 

tabs : it would be also practical to test various print settings each time without back ;)

" Right now we have to open up multiple windows for Z-Suite to get multiple objects on individual prints. At any point in time I have 5 or 6 windows open on my computer "

Can you show how you do this ? :blink: :ph34r:

tabs : it would be also practical to test various print settings each time without back ;)

open 5 STL files... clog up your computer screen! Its all fun and games until I have to Alt+Tab 12 times to find the correct window.

I just thought of a new update to the Firmware. Ribbon cable continuity check feature! 

As it stands right now the printer can detect large jumps in temp, so why dont we use that to our advantage? Ribbon cables are currently, and have been for a while, one of the largest issues with the M200. The feature is simple to create because it can piggy back off of the Auto-calibration feature. This is how it works: Print head starts in home position, hotend does not heat up at all, the print head will move to each corner of the build area and check for jumps in the hotend temp. Then it can run a 12 point pattern where the print head moves diagonally across the print area. 

The whole idea is for a user to be able to diagnose the issue quickly then contact Z-Support or their reseller with the info. 

I just thought of a new update to the Firmware. Ribbon cable continuity check feature! 

Sounds like a really good idea to me!

Hey, I just wanted to know if the “no raft option” and/or “reduced raft option” is already being tested by zortrax.