Update suggestions

I'd love to have a "Sort Order" setting for the "Models" list and to have ".zcode" removed from the listing as well. Perhaps options could be: Alpha Ascend, Alpha Descend, Time/Date and File Size?

Small sneak peek ;)

sneak.jpg

offseyt (1).gif

resize_2.gif

Small sneak peek ;)

attachicon.gifsneak.jpg

attachicon.gifoffseyt (1).gif

attachicon.gifresize_2.gif

For the next release?

So far I love the zortrax printer and software, some features that would make it even better:

- the by many requested noraft option.

- The ability to add or remove specific support. Sometimes I want 30% support at the bottom of the print but remove the high small support for a smal overhang at the top of myprint. (It will be knocked down anyway)

- The ability to add or remove specific support. 

Yes, Having control over support would be a request from me too; and i am sure many others who use the software would be delighted with this option - Please Zortrax. 

Yes, Having control over support would be a request from me too; and i am sure many others who use the software would be delighted with this option - Please Zortrax. 

It's going to be implemented but bear in mind that is not trivial thing to do. 

It's going to be implemented but bear in mind that is not trivial thing to do. 

*bows in respect*  -  Fantastic news. 

I understate this is a "plug and play" printer which lay in the realm with of not so savvy market so keeping the software "safe" (low risk of failure) is ideal. BUT lets be honest this printer is outstanding! which is bottle necked by the software in some areas. 

What is the approx. release date for this implement ?  

Cheers Marcin. 

*bows in respect*  -  Fantastic news. 

I understate this is a "plug and play" printer which lay in the realm with of not so savvy market so keeping the software "safe" (low risk of failure) is ideal. BUT lets be honest this printer is outstanding! which is bottle necked by the software in some areas. 

What is the approx. release date for this implement ?  

Cheers Marcin. 

Work in progress but I'm afraid that not before 2017 Q2. (Its not only editable support though)

From another thread - 

A "Pause after raft for X minutes and then prime hotend/nozzle and continue to print"

A lot of us are finding that giving the raft some extra time before printing is helping to prevent the raft lifting and allowing the part to warp. As such this feature would be really useful. 

From another thread - 

A "Pause after raft for X minutes and then prime hotend/nozzle and continue to print"

A lot of us are finding that giving the raft some extra time before printing is helping to prevent the raft lifting and allowing the part to warp. As such this feature would be really useful. 

I have been watching this idea float around for a while on the forums, and to be honest I have not seen a lot of hard data to show a result. Only people claiming it works but not giving details. If I were Zortrax, I would need to see some hard evidence including video time lapse with pause and without pause in identical conditions over multiple test objects that have warping issues and no warping issues. 

A change like this without hundreds of test prints and hours could alter prints for a lot of people and negatively affect the printer as a whole. To be honest, I do not see a reason why this should work at all. If you think about it, the material only takes a few seconds to completely cool off, and it is sitting on a build plate of 80c average. So by the time the last line of the raft is complete the rest of the raft has reached a normalized temperature which should stay consistent throughout the entire print. The only difference I can see is that the top later of the raft could be colder thus making it easier for the part to pop off or lift off mid print, not the other way around. 

I am all for making the machine better in any way, but there are a lot claims being thrown around but not a lot of evidence to back it all up.

Thats fair enough, even through my own experimenting with a pause after raft I am unsure how much effect it is having, it is difficult for me to do any scientific experiments as my printer is busy most of the time.

I am not sure if simply getting from temp X to temp Y is the only factor at play as ABS sets. If you are doing an injection mold for example you need to maintain the plastic at a steady temperature for the molecules to cool evenly throughout. With a printer only laying down a single line of filament at a time it may well be that this process happens almost immediately and any gains from pausing are imagined, but it all deserves more experimentation I think. 

I am not sure if simply getting from temp X to temp Y is the only factor at play as ABS sets. If you are doing an injection mold for example you need to maintain the plastic at a steady temperature for the molecules to cool evenly throughout. With a printer only laying down a single line of filament at a time it may well be that this process happens almost immediately and any gains from pausing are imagined, but it all deserves more experimentation I think. 

Think of extruding the plastic from the "Extrude" command. If you pull the material from directly under the nozzle you can watch it bend and harden within about 3 inches in length from the nozzle. the same thing is happening when the lines get laid out. 

I will state that it is completely possible you are on to something, but there needs to be a lot of testing in stable conditions before we can move to advising on an update of the software. There have been a number of ideas in the past that have seemed like total improbability and turn out to be the new norm.

Yea, I understand how fast it hardens, what I mean is that after it initially 'sets' there may well be a period where the internal structures of the plastic 'settle'.

On the other hand that might be complete rubbish, but I just mean to say that we cant always draw a definitive conclusion simply from observation.

Like some others already said.

More support control......sometimes I have support where I cant remove easy or where its really not necessary, even 10% is to much sometimes......so pls give us something like values...5% 15% or better give us the chance to remove support at thirten positions.

I know the system should be working perfect for all, but all who bought a Zortrax should no more about 3D printing not only how to bring filament in;-)

Maybe some more speed function.....not only high and normal.....

Sascha

More support control......sometimes I have support where I cant remove easy or where its really not necessary, even 10% is to much sometimes......so pls give us something like values...5% 15% or better give us the chance to remove support at thirten positions.

http://bugtracker.zortrax.com/tracker/issue-45-ability-to-delete-certain-supports-in-z-suite/

Maybe some more speed function.....not only high and normal.....

M300 has a high-speed Draft setting for z-hips, z-petg and z-glass.  Prints can still take a very long time on the M200; it would be good if m200 also had the same draft mode for z-hips, z-petg and z-glass (likely just a profile copy from the M300 and minor UI change).

Like some others already said.

More support control…sometimes I have support where I cant remove easy or where its really not necessary, even 10% is to much sometimes…so pls give us something like values…5% 15% or better give us the chance to remove support at thirten positions.

I know the system should be working perfect for all, but all who bought a Zortrax should no more about 3D printing not only how to bring filament in;-)

Maybe some more speed function…not only high and normal…

Sascha

Working on it.

http://bugtracker.zortrax.com/tracker/issue-45-ability-to-delete-certain-supports-in-z-suite/

M300 has a high-speed Draft setting for z-hips, z-petg and z-glass.  Prints can still take a very long time on the M200; it would be good if m200 also had the same draft mode for z-hips, z-petg and z-glass (likely just a profile copy from the M300 and minor UI change).

Noted

ps. Z-SUITE update should be ready today, tomorrow at the latest. 

I wonder if this version already adds support for PLA....

Today i missed a feature to hide support in the print view. I want to see how some details behind support look like and now i need to use the pause tool to see a view every few layers its not very practical and gives no total image. I know I can go back and calculate without support but that's also not very practical.

Today i missed a feature to hide support in the print view. I want to see how some details behind support look like and now i need to use the pause tool to see a view every few layers its not very practical and gives no total image. I know I can go back and calculate without support but that's also not very practical.

You should be satisfied then :) 

Working on it.

Noted

ps. Z-SUITE update should be ready today, tomorrow at the latest. 

Hi Marcin,

Any news on this?