Zortrax Announced New Printers

Hummm,

I think that you miss the most important upgrade for this fantastic printer: the pinting area!

Actually 200x200 for me isn’t enought for a semiprofessional 3d printer. 300x300 will be the paradise, i don’t care if they double the price. Of course if you whant excellent prints you cannot trust in a cheap screw, you need oversized polished rod and japan or german screw balls. They cost alot but… Quality is there! Also big printing area needs a renforced frame and base to avoid any deformation. But still nobody told us if the new m200 will have a bigger printing area, that in the end will be the most important improvement for me, and may be slso for many other users.

I actually highly doubt the print area will be much larger (maybe a cm or two). Increasing print size increases chances of warping as well as increasing price. While increasing price to match might be worth it to a few users, the current size is plenty for most (myself included) so the price increase for them won't be justifiable. Also, they wouldn't want the mid range to step on the toes of the pro sized one they're also working on.

Basically more cost, more headache, little to no net gain. I don't see it happening.   

Yess but the pro sized one on will be SLA technology so totally different printer! So what I have understand is that there eill be M120 model may be 120x120mm the new M200 that non one know what improvement will have and the pro version SLA 400x400mm. So if the M200 will stay in the same printing area the only change that we can really expect from the company is the double extruder, an improved electronics hardware for sure that will provide better speed and control. But if they plan to add one more extruder they have to increase the size of the printing area otherwise the real printing area with both extruder working on will be reduced so in the end somethings comparable to s very cheap printer on the market! Also the double extruder needs a stronger hardware because the head is more heavy! At that point it will be a very stupid idea don’t increase the area. My feeling is that the m200 is now a preatty mature product and the only improvement affordable for the company is on software and firmware. Any other change needs a new design, new frame, new hardware new rods, etc… In the end a really new model, but will worth it for the company? As entusiast useres we just chat and buzz around the dream of improved m200 but no body really whant to spend more money than now just because the size or the double extruder. I’m sure that someone will complain the increased price just because the double extruder. May be this is the reason why the company is doing a mystere around the fantomatic new m200 and the supersecret specs! May be they don’t even taked a decision abouth what to do necause m200 is already a success and the new model should do the same, otherwise it will be not worth to replace the m200 to an unwhanted more expensive printer! For me they should leave the M200 as it is and add just a new model between the pro sla version and the m200 so users that alteady own the m200 will not complain anymore and people that are just waiting the last bang will be happy to spend some bucks more if they really need the double extruder or a bigger printing area, if not they can have to go with m200. So now let’s wait the answers of the company!

HelloooOOOoo !

Does anyone have some news about the new Zortrax machines ? This topic started with solid informations in Octobers 2015. Then we got others pictures and news. 

Even if I am the first convinced about the M200 and the know-how of Zortrax, I need to invest, like surely others, in new machines with new possibilites to answer to my customers new requirements. Here are few limitations that really come back to me often :

1) Print certain complex shapes with cavity --> surely requires double extruder with use of PVA support

2) Possibility to use market filaments (magnetic, electrical conductive, wax ...etc) --> requires more print parameters

3) Less warping --> maybe requires thermal regulate printing chamber

4) More precise --> here I don't know how to do :) Ahahahaa . No but once I was wondering if a 3D printer existed with 2-3 extruders and one of them with a smaller nozzle of 0.1 [mm] diameter for exemple would print the outlines and another extruder of 1.5 [mm] diameter would be use for the infill. Why not ? Please if you like this idea and will use it for the next generations printers, send me at least a money check !!! :) He he.

... etc etc

Seriously the simply idea of buying new 3D printers and then few weeks or months later the new Zortrax machines will be released would piss me off. I don't need to have an exact release date but at least an realistic idea. I just need to plan a bit my investments and not be broken when these new machines will come out.

So, when approximately these new 3D printers will be released ? Hein ? Hein ? Hein ?  :D

Well for starters if you have read this forum topic from front to back than you will get the idea that no matter what happens the current M200 is still a great buy, even when the new version comes out. You truly cannot go wrong with this printer in your basic needs of printing. As for using aftermarket materials, It will void your warranty if you happen to have one. While Zortrax does not condone the modification and tampering with their machines it is yours to break, just don't ask them to fix it if you do break something. 

Waiting to buy a new printer is a lot like waiting to buy a new computer. The longer you wait the better the product is, but you never get the product because you want the next best thing.

-Michael

Waiting to buy a new printer is a lot like waiting to buy a new computer. The longer you wait the better the product is, but you never get the product because you want the next best thing.

-Michael

While I agree that sometimes waiting for the next model is always an upgrade, it isn't always the case. 

Like Julia said, " since around 1965 or 1968, newer hasn't meant better."

Planned Obsolescence has been implemented into every aspect of our lives and sometimes without the implicit knowledge of doing so. Meaning that even new companies with new technology and machines consciously or unconsciously incorporate Planned obsolescence into their products so they are not the company that sells one and then done. 

Of course there is no proof to what I say, just a working theory from what I have noticed over the last 20 years but I would wager it to have merit. 

Cheers

Here we go,

I just posted something yesterday about the actual limitations of the Zortrax M200 wondering when the new 3D printers announced would come out. Baaam !! :D  I didnt see that Zortrax just announced the new 3D printer "Inventure". Dissolvable supports and heated chamber are more than welcome. After when I read that the printing volume will be radically reduced and only one specific material (now) compatible ; that's painfull.  :(

I have two Zortrax M200 since one year and I really appreciate their quality prints .... today.

Hope soon we could have an idea about the new M200 and this big 3D printer on this picture (first page on this topic forum)

Good day

Where did you see this release?

Edit: found on main page.

This looks to be the small one that was mentioned and not the m200 successor. As expected, it has chipped cartridges to prevent wrong settings (or more specifically 3d party filament). As mentioned, the disolvable support abs heated volume are appreciated, but at the cost of much lower volume and higher material prices (this is speculation, but it seems reasonable to assume). Like Rafal(?) previously stated, the m200 remains the best deal.

Soonday is here again. Seriously now, it looks to have good features. Just waiting for all the information to be released. Yes, it is smaller, but will be less expensive and more in reach for people starting out or not needing a large volume. Most things that will be printed will fit in it. For people with multiple printers it is maybe better to use a printer like this to print their small items instead of occupying a large volume printer that could already start printing a larger piece.

Same great quality in a smaller less expensive size…

I think I’d hold off on the “less expensive” optimism until we hear the price; their listed features don’t come cheap (heated volume and most likely a dual extruder).

That's a nice looking printer! Might not be chipped, filament is 1.5 mm (?).

That's a nice looking printer! Might not be chipped, filament is 1.5 mm (?).

“Each cartridge has a special chip to communicate with the printer. It sends such information as material kind or color.”

It is most definitely chipped, they have said that they have been waiting on the chips to release new materials. What exact functions the chip will have is probably like above (kind of material, color, but most likely also the length left of the roll. Hopefully it is better than some systems that miscalculate and leave material on the roll without it being able to be used.

Also will be interesting to hear if the cartridges will be recycled or not.

Dual extruders: Yay!

Chipped carts with nonstandard filament diameter: Boo.

Where does it states a non standard filament diameter?

I don’t know why everyone hate cartridges so much, price for materials will be typical market price. Maybe IC check can be even disabled if customer fill resignation of warranty form.

Best Regards

Martin

Cartidges prevent may issues. They can also be a pain if they are cheaply manufactured i.e 3dsystems because chips fail a lot.

It is great to have the systems tell you if you will be able to complete the fabrication, BTW it will be great if zortrax offers XL spools and cartridges.

Martin they hate them so much because the industry is dominated by cheap materials everyone can use and interchange, I really hope more and more companies start using cartidges as standard instead of spools.

This is professional,not amateur. Additive manufacturing must stay as a high priced element not everyone can pay, like that a more healthy market will arise.

I cant' wait for professional system to be released and eventually all products from Zortrax use propiertary solutions.

Hello,

I just want to post a reaction about the new Zortrax Inventure. First of all, I would say that I got a M200 from several weeks now, and it’s a really great printer - I like the industrial look and the printer is well build. I work with this printer for professional use, but I was disappointed when I saw the new Zortrax printer called “inventure” for two points,

1/ At first, the build platform is too small according to me, it would be nice to have a larger build plateform. The build plateform of M200 is already great.

2/ The cartridge with integrated chip : Personnaly, I use only the Zortrax filaments on my M200 because I know that this filament has been studied for this printer, and I don’t want to compromise the reliability of my prints. This new cartridge, means for end user that the cost of the cartridge will be more expensive, with less filament inside, compared to the cost and quantity of filament for M200. This is not a good news for us and it reminds me the cartridge of Stratasys on their FDM machine Uprint (expensive, with a chip inside to control which filament is used, finish or not). In reality, we all know that this choice is only to close the market and force the end user to buy the cartridges of the manufacturer.

And why only Z-ULTRA ?  this filament is more expensive too than Z-ABS. And with Z-ABS you can have very nice and strong parts. It is also not a good new for us : less choice and more expensive.

3/ The enclosed plate-form : This is a better feature in comparison with M200, but this is not a real argument : you could have it on M200 in option - I have it and it is great. I have completed this kit with a protection in plexiglass on the top to keep the warm.

4/ The dual extruder with the capability of having a support material is a good new

So, I like the Zortrax firm, but I’m disappointed to not see the products of my dream and i’m afraid of seeing Zortrax changes his mind with the success, and fly on the same direction that some big manufacturers like Stratasys, 3DS…with expensive products and supplies.

what is the product of my dream ?

• a new M200 with a build plateform increase 30x30x30

• a build plateform with stronger connectors and not accessible on the surface of the build plate-form (sensor connector is too fragile, and you have to work carefully to not damage it when you remove the buil part)

• the capability of stopping a print when the result is bad : actually no option in the menu, you have to cut off the printer and manipulate manually the plateform

• enclosed plateform (available on inventure : ok)

• dual extruders capable of mixing support material or colours (available on inventure : ok)

• affordable cartridge for end user and not more expensive with less product inside

• the capability of adding supports manually in the software to avoid error while printing (like when the filament falls down just beside the support…)

Hope my dream will become true soon with Zortrax !

Kristo

You can stop a print on the M200 by pushing the knob for 10 seconds. The printer will pause and then you can choose to abort the print in the menu.

- the capability of stopping a print when the result is bad : actually no option in the menu, you have to cut off the printer and manipulate manually the plateform

You can stop a print on the M200 by pressing and holding the button for 10 seconds. This is a long time and many users have asked that this be shortened in the next firmware. After holding for 10 seconds you are given some choices for changing filament or aborting the print process.

You can also move the platform in Z axis via the "Maintenance" menu, but only in small increments. Some users have asked for this to be changed to "Move Up/Down As Long As I Hold the Button" in the next firmware.

thanks Julia and Andre for this solution to stop the print which was unknow on my side :)