Zortrax Announced New Printers

The new Zortrax "Inventure" will come out in fall 2015 .... are we not in summer now ?  :)

I'm really impatient to know more about this new 3D printer. I just hope it's not gonna be in winter 2015.

Don’t worry, I’m sure it won’t be winter 2015; spring 2016 is MUCH more likely. :stuck_out_tongue:

Found a pic of Mojo killer:

zortrax.jpg

http://www.komputerwfirmie.org/informacje/maszyneria/pelny/9653/polska-drukarka-3d

Don't worry, I'm sure it won't be winter 2015; spring 2016 is MUCH more likely. :P

We're planning to launch the premiere of the Inventure in fall 2015.

Just a heads up!  

Zortrax has teamed up with 3D Proshare to bring you a new dedicated Channel of Distribution, Customer Support, and Services that can all be found here in the States. We have an outstanding Team of Resellers that have everything they need provided to them to offer you the best experience with your Zortrax purchases.

The Inventure will go live for Pre-Orders this weekend through the United States Resellers that are participating in the USA Distribution Channel. 

• Pricing will be at $2399.00 and shipping in most cases will be free, ETA is the first week of February.
  • All printers purchased through the Distribution Channel will carry a "One Year Full Coverage Manufacturers Warranty" provided by the Reseller and backed by the Distributor.
  • All Customer Support and Services will be offered by Phone, Email, and Chat options that will be provided here in the States.

( we will be launching a new "USA Resellers Tab" on 3dproshare.com this weekend that will let you know all Resellers qualified to offer you these services through the dedicated channel ) 

Just a heads up!  

Zortrax has teamed up with 3D Proshare to bring you a new dedicated Channel of Distribution, Customer Support, and Services that can all be found here in the States. We have an outstanding Team of Resellers that have everything they need provided to them to offer you the best experience with your Zortrax purchases.

The Inventure will go live for Pre-Orders this weekend through the United States Resellers that are participating in the USA Distribution Channel. 

• Pricing will be at $2399.00 and shipping in most cases will be free, ETA is the first week of February.
  • All printers purchased through the Distribution Channel will carry a "One Year Full Coverage Manufacturers Warranty" provided by the Reseller and backed by the Distributor.
  • All Customer Support and Services will be offered by Phone, Email, and Chat options that will be provided here in the States.

( we will be launching a new "USA Resellers Tab" on 3dproshare.com this weekend that will let you know all Resellers qualified to offer you these services through the dedicated channel ) 

So how about filament pricing? Kind of hard to pre-order something when you only know half of the important cost factors.

And there are two different prices on the site Zortrax: € 2,212.77 and € 2,279.20 :blink: !

Finally prices of filament and spare parts are known.

https://store.zortrax.com/zortrax-materials

https://store.zortrax.com/zortrax-parts-and-accessories#tab-0

Let's just hope that they don't dig their own grave there. I think a slightly larger dual extruder version would have gone like hot cakes, but I'm not so sure the target audience for the Inventure really exists.

At least the typical m200 owner could be scared away by less build space, less resolution, less material choices and dramatically increased costs.

WOW ! over 100 € for a spool of z-support ... holy cow  :mellow:

Finally prices of filament and spare parts are known.

https://store.zortrax.com/zortrax-materials

https://store.zortrax.com/zortrax-parts-and-accessories#tab-0

And that's not a lot of support material. Shipping weight is 350g. So how much actual material can be in there taking into account the cartridge and packaging?

Note that a spool of Z-ABS has a shipping weight of 1.1kg and that' s 800g of filament. So even 300g net weight sounds pretty optimistic in case of Z-Support.

Besides, you need an activator (to dissolve the support) which isn’t cheap either:

https://store.zortrax.com/zortrax-parts-and-accessories/zortrax-inventure-dss-activator

I think for most models, you'll use a lot less support material than the build material. So the spool cost is high, the per print cost might be much lower.  It is still expensive per kg though, in stratasys territory I believe (but everything else with the system seems to be cheaper)

Well, I dunno. Generally the idea of dissolvable support is to use much more support than you'd use with break-away support.

Look at the architectural example on the official Inventure page. That’s quite a lot of support.

it made me sad seeing how expensive the materials cost for the inventure. it made it less appealing for a poor hobbyist like me...

Well, I dunno. Generally the idea of dissolvable support is to use much more support than you'd use with break-away support.

Look at the architectural example on the official Inventure page. That’s quite a lot of support.

You are definitely right that there will be situation where a lot of support material will be needed. The example you gave is probably near the worst case, a bunch of plane horizontal planes (thin mesh might be worse)..

Most models would using a lot less I think.

For example this shuttle uAvEFQs.png?1  uses about 33% support material when set to 50 degree angle (inventure default)

This hulk base W3FI4Ca.png uses about 15% support

Many other models would need far far less support than those, but would still be problematic on the m200.

Is it me or is it just not making any support on either of those models? I do not think the shuttle would be able to print without support, but you know I could be wrong..... but i'm not.

Is it me or is it just not making any support on either of those models? I do not think the shuttle would be able to print without support, but you know I could be wrong..... but i'm not.

Sorry for not being clear. The pictures are just for model/orientation reference; the supports aren't shown.  To get the support material, I did one run at 0 degree support, and another at 50 degree support.

Also I ran another one, long rectangle brick, oriented 45 degrees into the air. That did take a lot of support material, more than the model itself.

the price for that support cartridge is comparable to what Martin Shkreli did to Daraprim. its way more practical to pay for another M200 or an SLA printer, than to purchase a printer with an $89.90 proprietary cartridge with a small amount of filament. 

I'm wondering if its because the market is starting to get saturated with so many 3D printers that companies are starting to milk it while its hot...

I think they are aiming to be a stratasys mojo killer, uprint competitor. If the machine performs well, the mojo doesnt make any sense, the uprint only if one needs the extra 50-60mm build area and you have the money to burn. The inventure is substantially cheaper than either of those.  Many of the low cost 3d printer companies  are having problems (or have shutdown) because the market is saturated with bottom cost machines. Zortrax is trying to stay out of that.

I am iffy on it though, primary because of print times, and dss time. With the m200's, I'm finding the material costs to be insignificant for clients, the time... by far, dominates costs.

I kinda hope that you're correct and the Inventure is a major success in the professional micro size FDM market.

Then again, it seems to be a contradiction to target a competitor in a not so cost sensitive market only by price.

I understand the material cost is comparable so it's really only the asset cost - which is even less important in a commercial environment.

And Stratasys is still the market leader which allows them to provide a level of customer service that Zortrax won't be able to - especially in the US market.

So honestly, if a small Polish company would release e.g. a multimeter that is on par with a high-end Fluke industrial multimeter: would you call

that a Fluke-Killer? Would you assume that the market for Fluke multimeters collapses the next day?